Sunday, August 3, 2008

N8MAC/AE

Woot!
Passed the Extra element four test yesterday. I took several practice tests prior to, but the actual seemed tougher for some reason, not as many formulas though. Missed 6 questions.

What better way to brush up on theory than to upgrade? Mainly those gaps in available frequencies not available to General class in HF bugged me....

BTW I used Ham TestOnline to cram for this in a compressed time frame. I little pricey, but it provides focus study and testing that works for me. Also the Extra exam just changed last month, and I had an older study guide, so wanted to make sure I was up to date.

'-'-'-

Not much operating lately other that 2 meters.

Still waiting on a part for the T1, must have gotten lost in the mail.
I finished the tenna dipper, but no audio from the little pezio speaker, the led lights fine. More troubleshooting, or maybe start over, I may have cooked it.

Still working on code. I seemed to have hit a plateau. I need to work on sending more, I can copy about 12 - 15 wpm. Not having a permanent shack or antenna up, I miss out on just listening to actual qso's at night etc.

No comments: